Author Topic: efray question  (Read 2317 times)

plongeur66

• View Profile
Re: efray question
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »
You win as long as you have a tracking number that says it was delivered anywhere in the buyer's zip code. Seller loses and has no say in the matter. Scam buyer could buy an ipad and return a brick or the contents of their cat's litterbox. If seller objects/delays the refund, feebay takes the money by force and also hits them with an unresolved case - which means they're halfway to being banned.
Seller does typically need to have received a package from the buyer before the refund is issued, unless they're accused of "not facilitating the return" - in which case buyer is allowed to keep the item and their money with feebay's blessing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:21:02 AM by plongeur66 »

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 09:34:59 AM »
Thanks, just wanted to make sure this is standard procedure. I get there's a lot of risk on the seller's end so it makes sense.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
Yep, Plongeur is correct. This seller sounds more and more like a scammer.

Eb ay does not play around. I recently got suspended for 7 days due to selling a vero item, a mon ster hat. I had been hit before for a Coach bag. I never knew they would be so cold as to suspend my account over an accident (30 other sellers are selling these hats on eb ay). I called and got back in, but it was a scary situation. Then today, I got a buyer complaining about a dou ney bou rke bag I sold. I just sent a complete refund and told her to keep the bag. In today's selling climate you almost need a lawyer to look your items over before you sale. Eb ay likes to punish good sellers and let scam sellers have a free pass.

And back to Scav's issue, I once had a buyer scam me out of a return when I was new. I sold a G amecube w/ games lot and buyer returned. I gave refund before I received items back. When I got them it was two empty padded envelopes with nothing but a tracking number. I later had to threaten to get police involved and since the guy was on parole he finally just refunded me the return money I refunded him. Eb ay did at least ban his account, but too many people know they can play the system. This is why I am now in the beginning phases of moving to Am a zon FBA.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
M0nster? A ball cap for the energy drink? They came after you for that???
The river isn't any kinder to small sellers:
If they decide your stuff is fake, they'll make you pay them to destroy it or send it back to you. They'll send you to collections if you don't pay up:
https://startupnation.com/start-your-business/plan-your-business/amazon-fba-program/
I haven't bought anything there in a long time, as item/shipping cost is set to only be competitive if you are paying them $100 a year for Prime. Was looking at a flashlight a couple of days ago. ~$18 with shipping on the river....$6 with free ship on feebay.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 08:09:50 PM »
yeah, they got me for a monster energy cap. Why Monster wants to mess with small potato eB ay sellers rather than go after the brand that I guess copied their logo (I assume any brand other than Monster is a knock off) is beyond me. There are 30 other sellers selling off brand Monster hats. I think I might have p.o.'d the PTB so they want to ruin me  :'(

Yes, the river is not much different, but sometimes a fresh start and not having all your eggs in one basket is a good thing. I think sending much of my dived new inventory in to FBA will help, but we will see.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:27 PM »
You were probably ratted by one of your titanium powerseller competitors. Run you off for trying to undersell them on one hat while they are selling dozens.
Makes no sense to me. Every Monster hat worn in public is a walking billboard/publicity for the brand. Beats me why people will pay for the "privilege" of being a brand whore. I buy branded goods (tools, camping gear, etc.) when I need the extra durability. If I had a large audience (youtube following, etc.) I'd cover up the brand names on my stuff with black tape or non-corporate stickers. If the brand wanted me to publicize their logo, they'd have to give me the relevant stuff for free and/or pay me.
Check out the "ioffer.com" site. Much less VERO there. Lots of people selling homemade DVDs of VHS recordings they made 30 years ago for good money. Etsy is popular with clothes and craft sellers.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
Good info thanks. I like the ioffer site, may have to try it. I like your idea about sponsors as well. The thing I don't understand about the Monster brand, is why don't they sue the hat companies that make the hats? I think the answer is the off brand companies are actually licensed to make the hats, or else they can get away with by being over seas. Seems petty to mess with a small time reseller on fee bay.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 01:09:34 AM »
Doubtful that Monster had anything directly to do with your demise. You aren't bootlegging their drinks, and are giving them free publicity. Likely just a competing seller ratted you. I had somebody stealing/copying my listings of cell phones word-for-word several years ago. I reported them and they got some of their listings pulled.
They retaliate and I get VEROed supposedly my T-Mobile (who doesn't make phones). Obviously BS that feebay lacked the brains and/or motivation to see through.

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »
Well I filed for return and seller approved. I'll print the return label tomorrow and ship it out. Gonna take pics of everything just to be safe. We'll see what happens next.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »
You should be fine. 99% of sellers will just refund you. The main thing to watch is to make sure the seller refunds the proper amount, and not just the amount of the item. She should also refund the original shipping since the items was not as described.

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 12:06:07 PM »
Full refund processed by Praypal. What a ride. Basically painless though.

Dunno if I should leave positive feedback saying refund went well or just no feedback at all. Nothing against the seller, she did nothing wrong.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »
They wasted your time by selling untested goods, but ate the cost themselves. Would have been worse if it was a tool, car part, etc. that you had an immediate need for. I'd likely leave no feedback at all for something that I could just buy elsewhere in my spare time. What exactly was wrong with the game console?
Had a recent encounter with the seller of a TV box that was defective right out of the box. At first he expects me to pay to send it back. He finally provides a return label 2 days later. After getting it back he refunds the purchase price without the original shipping. He finally refunds that 2 days after I threaten to get feebay involved.

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 01:20:37 PM »
I asked around in some forums and people seem to suspect it had a bad RAM chip, since it worked with some games but not others. I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt and assume she tried it out on a working game that was popular. So yeah, I agree and won't leave feedback.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »
Electronics act up in strange ways sometimes. Unlikely that I would have noticed that. I would have put in whatever game I had. Maybe played for a few minutes, or preferably let a demo run that would heat up the CPU. I'd assume 100% functionality if it was still running a couple hours later and didn't cut out when I lightly slapped the box around and flexed the cables. Does your troublesome game play on another console?
My weird TV box issues continue to a lesser extent. Got the RCA box, which also began breaking up after a couple of days. Sometimes slapping the box or moving the cable works, sometimes not. Putting my hand on the outside of the antenna connector sometimes seemed to help. I had it grounded with a cable that previously went to my satellite dish. No dish connected, but the cable remains grounded at the entry point to the house. I decided instead to cut off an extension cord and use the green wire to connect the antenna ground to the ground in a nearby power outlet. Less troubles now, but some still. May decide to run a ground wire from the antennas to the grounding slot of an outdoor outlet on a pole near them.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 06:22:33 PM »
Glad you got your $ back on the return. I agree and would just not leave feedback. Sellers must be careful to list an item as untested / for parts if in fact it is. I messed up and did not test some adapter cables a while back and it ended up almost costing me. Now I just list as untested / for parts and just say it powered on but no further testing done.

I use a RCA box to get my tv channels and get okay reception as long as I go out and adjust the roof antennae with my dived golf club. I only watch tv right before sleep or if a game or news is on. I just yesterday tested an xfinity box I got at the outlet only to find it would not power on. I rolled the dice since there was no adapter w/ it when i picked it up. If you want I can see if I can pick up a box at the outlet and if it tests out I could send it to you for cost w/o the mark up (a few bucks plus shipping).