Author Topic: Car's gotta pass inspection...  (Read 814 times)

Scav

• View Profile
Re: Car's gotta pass inspection...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 06:01:03 AM »
That's a great point. Could be that. Most likely will be something minor.

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »
Car was inspected today and is legal again.

Feels good.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »
Good deal. Hope they didn't bleed you dry $ wise.

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 09:42:16 PM »
$55 for a two year tag.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
I wish mine lasted for 2 years. Mine costs $21 for one year. I decided to cheat and remove the sticker from my last buggy when the strut came through the wheel well last April. Easy to remove intact with a paint scraper after carefully using a torch on the outside of the windshield to soften the glue. That got me through till January of this year. Called the guy I usually go to on Thursday to make an appointment. He says his inspection computer is currently down and I should call back Friday to see if it's been fixed. Friday he says it is fixed and I can come in on Monday. I show up on Monday and find the place deserted. I call back to find out he's sold that business and has set up at the other end of town under a different name, while retaining the same phone number. And he tells me the inspection computer is still broke.  >:(
I got tired of the run-around and decided to try the local guy who I've used to tow cars for me a couple of times. Went there this morning and got the inspection done. The guys were circling the car with flashlights and checking a lot of stuff (the guy I had been using never did anything other than check the lights and hook it up to the computer).
They didn't lift the car, and didn't notice my one dry-rotted tire that probably should have failed. Got my sticker with a 2018 expiration.
Saw a pleasant sight on the way home.....phone company trucks pulling fiber.  :)   

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 06:29:31 AM »
What a pain. Nice to hear it all worked out in the end.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 11:14:46 PM »
My county it is 48 bucks each year for the registration and you must pay 10 dollars and pass an emissions test.