Author Topic: Beware Of Inviting Buyers To Your House  (Read 124 times)

Jayfosters

• View Profile
Re: Beware Of Inviting Buyers To Your House
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
I have only allowed fee bay buyers do local pick up, because with them at least you can see who you are dealing with ahead of time. I don't do many C-list sells, but I did list some stuff recently. I will meet up with them at my old mall which is only about 20 minutes away. I keep my 9 mil on me at all times and know how to use it, so hopefully no worries. I have heard some horror stories about meet ups so people should definitely be on guard when dealing with strangers. 

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 06:10:42 AM »
I had so many problems selling on there.

Most people would flake out and not even show up.

People often wouldn't bring enough money.

Just a nightmare to deal with.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:20:23 PM »
I hear you Scav. I have not had much success using C r aig's either. I am glad you told me that one time about scammers when I had that flat screen tv, I would have been out several hundred had I gone through with it.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 02:41:31 AM »
I got robbed twice myself. One time a guy that had looked at an air conditioner came back and stole it off my parent's patio.
Another time I went to deliver an AC. Guy had given me his cell phone number. When I get there, it was obvious that he was a drug dealer. Some of his cohorts were nearby with bats and chains, baggie transfers were going on. He looks at the AC and locks it in his trunk. Gives me $20, I was selling for $100. "What are you going to do about it?" he says. I thought about calling the cops, but just left.
I decide to invest another $7 in having some fun with him. This was the 90s - before the days of Kregs, and cell phone calls were costing 40 cents a minute. Sony had just come out with a new Playstation, and it was sold out everywhere. I put a 7 day ad in the paper advertising "$40 with 3 games" with his cell number.  ;D ;D ;D
7 day ad, it was no longer in the paper on the 4th day.  :)

Scav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 06:30:32 AM »
Haha, love that revenge.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 10:22:52 PM »
Getting robbed is no fun. I purchased a dash cam pro a few months back but never mounted it to my vehicle. Might be a good idea to have one to document anything that could happen.