Author Topic: Rich & Desperate?  (Read 301 times)

plongeur66

• View Profile
Rich & Desperate?
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:43:32 PM »
Was approaching one of my sites last week, spotted a silver Infiniti parked where I wasn't expecting a car to be. After confirming nobody was in it, I continue approaching the bin....until I see a flashlight beam wandering around. I head into some woods alongside to watch/wait. Guy puts a small item in his trunk, I couldn't see what it was. Just as he leaves a late model white Cadillac comes around the corner. Guy in a suit gets out and also scopes out the bin with a flashlight. No dice for him...or me. As I'm walking back to my car a black Porsche comes gliding around the corner with headlights off. I bust out laughing. 4 people hit that bin in a 5 minute period, that's probably busier than the store's checkout line on Black Friday. ;D The repo man can't be far behind if those guys are relying on dumpsters to keep up on their payments. Fortunately my garbage scow is paid for.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
Re: Rich & Desperate?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:49:34 PM »
Damn, looks like the rich people are onto our hobby. When dumpster diving goes main stream, you know the party is over.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »
Same stop yesterday morning. First a Ryder truck backs up to the dumpster. Guy raises the back door of the truck, then starts browsing the top of the bin. He left empty-handed, not sure why he was so confident that he'd be getting something. Then a diesel volvo pulls up - it was louder than the truck. He gets nothing. I got nothing there myself, I rooted through the bin before either of them showed up.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:47:12 PM »
Went back there, smelled coffee halfway across the parking lot. Some employee spent probably most of his shift individually poking holes into 1000+ K-cups, grounds were scattered all over the bin. A day diver must have gotten in the manager's face and told him to perform an anatomically impossible sex act on himself. Another stop ruined, and so it goes....
Severely mutilated Bose headphones found at the next stop on the line, I might still be able to sell the earcups/speakers.
They are onto us...
Not a single shiny thing in sight... >:(

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
I have seen the writing on the wall for some time now. I will still dive, but most of my treasures come from the thrift stores now days. The good news is there should be plenty of more stuff to be passed down from the richer generations of our fathers / grandfathers. As they pass on, the kids send all the valuables to thrifts or dumpsters for scavengers to scour.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 10:38:32 AM »
Divers apparently getting into a pissing match with management there. Somebody stood a couch on end up against the loading dock door, took a hatchet to it and smeared it with feces. Bottom was scorched, they apparently tried to set it on fire. Good way to get the cops called.