Author Topic: Employee Stashes  (Read 39 times)

plongeur66

• View Profile
Employee Stashes
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
I've seen a spike in stuff being "set aside" in recent months.
A complete working CPAP machine and Win 7 laptop in the Badwill bin. Also a bunch of small audio and video adapters with the cords tied together so somebody could just grab the whole "octopus" at once. Sitting front and center in the bin. Remainder of bin contents were all actual garbage.
Over $1000 of ink and 10 128GB flash drives neatly slid into a large carry out bag just behind the side door of the office store bin. Everything sealed, ink expires 2019, no destroy tags on anything. Once again, nothing good anywhere else in the bin.
Was approaching a Harbr Fret stop when I heard squealing sounds and saw a flashing light coming from the bushes. Found a 17 amp-hour jump starter with return tag that somebody had put in a brown paper bag and stashed for later. I would have never noticed it if the battery hadn't run low giving rise to the noise and light show.
I'm sure these people weren't happy when they found out that their toys had walked away...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:09:20 PM by plongeur66 »

Jayfosters

• View Profile
Re: Employee Stashes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 07:49:14 PM »
That was probably the case when I found a 50 gallon industrial bag of K-cups behind the dumpster at my local office store dumpster. This was over a year ago, they haven't tossed so much as an ink pen in a bad box since.