Author Topic: Dumpster map app  (Read 1827 times)

packrat

• View Profile
Dumpster map app
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
 app for  dumpster divers who would like to find other divers and post dumpster locations

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dumpstermap&hl=en

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:26:26 AM by packrat »

plongeur66

• View Profile
Re: Dumpster map app
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
Will get more bins tore into by feral competitors.  >:(
I noticed reddit suddenly took down their dumpster map, and told people to quit posting store names.
I found ZERO resellables on my last run, the few things that might have been valuable had been smashed by their tossers.

cryptk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »
Not following reddit but guess they caught on eh? Unfortunately the youtubbers will continue to expose good spots and they'll get shut down. Discretion and neatness are everything when dealing with some of these places. Probably the main reason so many of the better spots have converted to compactors here.

The app is great idea. If I can get it anonymously I'd use it to find hotspots. Love the screenshot... "cut / painted" ... gee, I wonder why they're destroying stuff...

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:47:14 AM »
App hasn't been updated in a year and a half. 90+% of users say it doesn't work. Apparently designed to interface with reddit's dumpster map, which went offline a month ago. Thus probably no worries about spots being exposed by this tool.

cryptk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 10:29:06 PM »
Dang, that's too bad. Was hoping for some new hotspots. :D