Author Topic: The Climate Change Myth Thread 2.0  (Read 1262 times)

plongeur66

• View Profile
The Climate Change Myth Thread 2.0
« on: November 12, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
Now they're saying the pumpkin did it. Look for a government ban on Jack-O-Lanterns soon.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/29/pumpkin-peril-federal-website-jack-olantern-warning-cites-climate-change/

plongeur66

• View Profile
Re: The Climate Change Myth Thread 2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »
Sierra Club president can't take the "heat"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_3LgFwmxy8

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:05:15 PM »
CIA and French president say climate change created ISIS, and is making them chop heads and bomb planes
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/mainstream-media-discovers-what-created-isis-global-warming_032015

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 08:19:15 AM »
Some damp, frigid air was expelled from Mother Nature's crotch last night:

Ice finished off a couple of my (rotten) trees. "Global Warming" expected to take a hiatus this winter. Heating costs likely to be up 50% over last year. I should have fed the cows more beans while it's still legal.
California now taxing/regulating bovine flatulence:
http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/09/california-climate-change-legislation-targets-flatulent-cows/

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 08:29:44 PM »
Wow, that looks frigid. Here where I am at it was 90 last week. It finally cooled down to the upper 70's this week.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 06:39:24 AM »

Cold enough to freeze the nuts off a polar bear.  :o
Hoping Trump gives the econazis a beatdown - and COAL in their stockings.  :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:54:13 AM by plongeur66 »

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 12:56:08 AM »
We will see with Trump if he is talk or action. I hope he changes things, but I have to see it first. Climate change used to be called global warming, but they changed the name when it began getting clear the climate was not necessarily warming. I do not buy it and think it is a hoax. That said I do think mother nature is disturbed and pollution / the human species is making her very angry. http://yournewswire.com/tens-of-thousands-of-scientists-declare-climate-change-a-hoax/

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:08 AM »
It's a money grab. US & Canada have changed places compared to several years ago. They were largely conservative while we suffered with Obumbler. Now we get Trump, and they have elected a Castro-loving communist ballerina. They've imposed a carbon tax that will cost the average citizen $2000 a year. http://www.macleans.ca/economy/economicanalysis/heres-how-much-carbon-pricing-will-likely-cost-households/ That has them rightfully worried that they will be unable to sell their now grossly overpriced energy on the world market. They're also terried of losing "tax-inverted" businesses that will come back to the USA if corporate tax rates drop. Some of their native businesses might just bail to the US as well. Illegal Mexicans in the US were repeatedly crashing Canada's immigration Dept. server and jamming their phone lines trying to get out of reach of Trump. Canada won't do shit for any of them, or our whining US celebrities that want Canadian citizenship. Meanwhile, they let in 60000 Syrian headchoppers. After a year, 90% of them are on the system and expected to stay that way. Canada's economy nosedived since they went liberal, they are trying to blame it on a forest fire.

plongeur66

• View Profile

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »
~30 inches on the way:

I'm ready with my shovel....always funny to see news footage of the city slickers getting clobbered.  :)

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 12:39:17 AM »
The most snow I have ever seen in my life was about 7 or 8 inches, and that was back in the 90's. I don't guess you will be doing much diving with a couple feet of snow piled up.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 01:20:47 AM »
I've found the day after a snowstorm to be highly productive. Roads should be mostly clear and parking lots plowed. A foot of snow in a bin is more than enough to foil lazy top-browsing divers. You have to jump on top and throw it all on the ground, then start tunneling into the depths of the bin if you expect to find anything. Too much competition, it's been over a year since I've seen anything worthwhile "right on top".
I didn't do a "day after" run this time, as I was racing home to beat the storm. I got over 3 feet, it is armpit deep in some areas of my yard. Just spent a full 2 hours digging the car out of an 8 X 12 foot parking space.

Jayfosters

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »
That is crazy. I don't know what we would do if our area was hit with 3 feet of snow, it would be a national disaster lol. I remember a few years ago in Atlanta hundreds were stranded on the interstate just because an inch or two fell. Diving in the snow is something I have never done. Hope your power did not go out due to the storm, granted you have gas stove and heat if I recall.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »
No power loss this time, that happened 2 weeks ago during an ice storm. Gas heat, no electric required for that. Inverter and golf cart batteries can run my house for a couple of days, after that I'd have to use the propane generator. Longest outage so far has been 1.5 days, so well within my battery capacity. No signs of any warming soon, forecast is showing single digits and below-zero wind chills for at least the next week.

plongeur66

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 05:41:43 AM »
300 people stranded on the freeway, looking to sue the city.
http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2017/03/16/outrage-that-stranded-motorists-waited-13-hours-for-rescue/
Several dead people pulled out of their cars when the plow came through the next morning. Apparently they were shoveling out the cars when they had heart attacks and sat down for the last time.