Author Topic: Gorilla Tape Repair  (Read 758 times)

Scav

• View Profile
Gorilla Tape Repair
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »
Was in gf's car at the walbart getting fluids. Poor car was quite thirsty for oil, coolant, and power steering fluid. With the hood up, I notice coolant has leaked into the engine compartment.

The radiator hose had been rubbing on the alternator pulley and abraded a nice hole, causing a decent leak.

Back inside for some gorilla tape and zip ties. Not my best repair but good enough to get it home until a new hose arrived.

Part came in Monday and she's right as rain now. Gonna keep the tape in the car just in case another hose decides to give up the ghost.

plongeur66

• View Profile
Re: Gorilla Tape Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:21:31 PM »
I don't usually pay for food, but I had to buy a can of chunky soup on my last dive run. Exhaust pipe had perforated and was giving quite a roar. This is a magnet for the 2-legged boar, apparently they interpret this as a mating call. Had to make a temporary fix. After consuming the soup, I cut the can up the side with tin snips, rolled it around the perforated pipe, and fastened with 4 hose clamps. Not perfect, but will do until warmer weather when I can get under the buggy with my dremel and cut out the rusty section.
Black pepper will work as a temporary fix for a minor radiator leak.
My power steering system perforated over a year ago, I don't miss it.

Scav

• View Profile
Re: Gorilla Tape Repair
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:06:17 PM »
Handy fix. Gotta love having to work with what you've got.